“Indeed, with the possible exception of diet modification, we know of no single intervention with greater promise than physical exercise to reduce the risk of virtually all chronic diseases simultaneously.”*
What is exercise rehabilitation?
Exercise rehabilitation is a therapeutic evidenced based approach for treating people with the following:
- chronic or complex conditions, such as chronic musculoskeletal conditions, respiratory disease,
- for people who have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, actual cardiovascular disease and other lifestyle risk factors that may lead to diseases such as diabetes
- existing medical conditions such as arthritis
What can I expect?
- Your physiotherapist will identify your unique exercise needs in respect of your particular injury, or chronic or complex health condition(s).
- We use use scientific and medical equipment to monitor and assess your physical state of being.
- Then we analyse and interpret the results of your assessment to tailor make your exercise rehabilitation program.
- We take you through your exercise rehabilitation program in our Wellness and Rehab studio ensuring you are familiar with the exercises.
- Regularly review and enhance your program.
*Quote from Booth, F.W., Gordon, S.E., Carlson, C.J., & Hamilton, M.T. (2000). Waging war on modern chronic diseases: primary prevention through exercise biology. J Appl Physiol, 88(2), 774-787.