Sam has completed a Bachelor of Science (Sports Science) and a Masters of Physiotherapy and has a wide range of experience across sports, clinical and corporate physiotherapy. His love of sports and experience in sport physiotherapy enables him to have a deep understanding of an athlete’s ongoing training and performance goals.
Having experienced sporting injuries Sam has great empathy for chronic pain suffers and is passionate about getting people active again. He believes ‘motion is lotion’ so aims to get people moving as quickly as possible and take an active role in their own rehabilitation.
Sam is also the lead Corporate Physiotherapist and Trainer for Nextmove. He regularly conducts manual handling training, staff inductions, injury prevention programs and wellness programs for NextMove’s corporate clients.
Outside of work Sam enjoys keeping fit and enjoying time with his young family.
“It’s very satisfying to assist people who have persistent pain get back to doing what they love to do.”
Sam’s Clinical Passions
- Facilitating and empowering rehabilitation
- Lower limb overload pathologies (team sport and endurance athletes)
- Persistent pain
- Post-operative rehabilitation to return to sport
- Utilising technology to assess, treat and monitor patients
- Workplace assessment, treatment, injury prevention and wellness programs